Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Journal of Kurt Cobain.


Fans of Nirvana star Kurt Cobain gathered at one of the rocker's famous sanctuary spots on Tuesday for the unveiling of a guitar memorial to mark the 17th anniversary of his death. The diverse group of onlookers included many born after the musician's suicide.
Cobain, who committed suicide on April 5, 1994, was honoured with a 3.9 metre statue of a guitar, created by local artist Lora Malakoff, in an Aberdeen, Washington park. A steel ribbon dangles by the concrete guitar with lyrics from the Nirvana song On a Plain. It reads "One more special message to go and then I'm done and I can go home."


I Bought Kurt Cobain's Journal a few days ago. I think it's pretty weird that you can buy someones personal diary, kind of feel guilty. It's all scanned images of pages that he wrote. The drawing are ever so interesting, considering they were illustrated from the hands of a mentally damaged person genius.


R.I.P